About the Prince Rupert Hotel
The original Prince Rupert Hotel was built in 1914. Disaster struck in 1977 when the hotel caught fire and burnt to the ground. A year later, in 1978, the Prince Rupert Hotel was rebuilt.
The Prince Rupert Hotel is situated in the heart of downtown with some rooms having views of the inner harbour and surrounding mountains. We are conveniently located close to shopping and a variety of great local restaurants. Whether it be for business or pleasure, or if you are travelling with the family, the Prince Rupert Hotel is sure to accommodate.
Surrounded by British Columbia's spectacular West Coast natural beauty. As such, Prince Rupert is considered a world class destination for outdoor and water oriented activities. Whether it be hiking, boating, fishing or whale watching, Prince Rupert will undoubtedly have something for everyone.
BC's coast is also the home of many of Canada's First Nations. There are many cultural and historic experiences in the area. Take a stroll down Cow Bay (the Historic Downtown Shopping District) and explore independently owned art galleries, craft stores, bookstores, jewelry and clothing stores, florists, and bakeries, as well as Prince Rupert's renowned Museum and Gallery.
- Check-in time: 3:00pm
- Check-out time: 11:00am
Our ability to accommodate requests for early check-in or late check-out is based on hotel occupancy during that particular day. We try to be as accommodating as possible. Please notify the front desk of your request as soon as possible during your stay.
Rates and Booking Policies:
- Cancellation Policy is 24 hours from day of arrival or 3:00 PM on the day prior to arrival.
- Deposit not required to make a reservation, but must have a valid credit card number is required to guarantee.
- Payment methods: Major credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Amex
- Must be 18 years old or over to make a reservation.
- We are a 100% non-smoking hotel.
- Additional person charge is $20 per person, per night.
- Children 18 years old and under received complimentary accommodation when sharing guest room with an adult parent are guardian and no additional beds are required.
- Pet Policy: Pets are welcome! "Pet rooms" are available, by request; second floor economy rooms only. A charge of $10 per pet, per night will be applied.
Eat, Sleep & Recycle!
We are dedicated to reducing our environmental impact! Below are some tips to help make your stay with us more green.
- By re-using your towels, you can help reduce the amount of laundry detergent in our waterways, as well as, decrease our water and energy consumption.
- If you hang your towels up, we will not replace them.
- Our beds are changed every third day; however, if you would like fresh bed linen daily, place the ‘Change’ card on your bathroom door handle.
- If you use the provided amenity products during your stay, please only open products you plan to use. Do not break the seal on products you do not plan on using
- We encourage you to take home and re-use any soap bars or other unsealed personal-sized items you may have used during your stay with us.
- For all recyclable items, please use the recycling containers provided.
- We now have 100% recycled PVC plastic room key cards.